The classic book “The Millionaire Next Door” explores 7 common factors between the millionaires around us. We all have our perceptions of what a millionaire looks like, but this perception is not accurate! We’ll explore 3 takeaways and 3 applications to your financial life to get you closer to becoming the millionaire next door yourself.
- Takeaway #1 [08:41] – Living well below your means. This is accomplished “playing great defense”, having a budget, and planning for the future.
- Takeaway #2 [15:36] – Allocate your time, energy, and money in ways that are conducive to building wealth
- Takeaway #3 [25:03] – Raise children who are independent and do not provide “economic outpaitent care.”
- Choose a field [33:14]
- Save 20% of your income [34:14]
- Put together a plan [36:14]
Next week we’ll talk about the book Indistractable and how you can stop getting distracted from your money goals!
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/delve-into-money/donations